Medication Aide - Bethany Meadows Assisted Living - FT/PT- Evenings/Nights
!!RETENTION BONUS AVAILABLE!!
Bethany Meadows Brandon is currently taking applications for FT and PT Medication Aides to join our team. If you're not certified, we are willing to train as well!!
The Medication Assistant provides personal care services, assistance, support, and supervision to residents. Administers routine medications to resident in accordance with state regulations
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow the assistance plan in providing services to residents.
- Assist in the development and updating of each resident’s service plan.
- Do personal laundry for residents if so requested in the service plan.
- Strip and make residents’ beds weekly and as outlined in the resident service plan; launder linens and towels.
- Assist in serving meals and bussing tables during mealtimes.
- Clean residents’ apartments on assigned days and as outlined in the service plan.
- Give residents prescribed medications.
- Assist residents with oxygen and other medical problems as outlined in the service plan.
- Encourage socialization among residents.
- Assist residents with escort to activities as needed or as outlined in the service plan.
- Assist with the activity program; conduct activities as directed by the Program Coordinator or as assigned by supervisor.
- Encourage and/or remind residents to participate in activities. Promote activities enthusiastically to pique residents’ interest.
- Monitor health, safety and well-being of the residents.
- Document information pertaining to changes in residents’ functional status, personal needs, appointments, etc.
- Assist in keeping the environment safe for residents.
- Promote resident independence, offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Observe resident and report concerns and/or changes in resident behavior, physical, and/or emotional changes in resident to supervisor and coworkers.
- Respond to resident emergencies; provide fir aid assistance and arrange for appropriate medical attention/follow-up.
- Schedule transportation needs with the Program Coordinator.
- Identify supplies needed to perform tasks and report needs to supervisor.
- Maintain an accurate record of chargeable services (services provided outside of the service plan, guest meals, store charges, foot clinic charges, beauty/barber shop charges, etc.) Submit record to supervisor by the designated date each month.
- Practice safety in working around equipment, chemicals, tools, and utensils.
- Attend general orientation and mandatory in-services.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor
Every other weekend and every other holiday is required for these positions.
Our residents are our number one priority. The successful candidate will adhere to our resident-centered approach to caregiving and service delivery.
*We offer a competitive wage with an excellent benefit package.
Bethany Lutheran Home for the Aged, Inc. is a non-profit, Christian organization serving seniors through its three companies: Bethany Home Sioux Falls, Bethany Home Brandon, and Bethany Meadows.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability