Certified Nursing Assistant - Bethany Home Sioux Falls - FT/PT - Evenings/Nights
Sioux Falls, SD
!!RETENTION BONUS AVAILABLE!!
Bethany Home Sioux Falls is looking for a full time/part time/prn Certified Nursing Assistant to join our team. The CNA provides medical, emotional and physical care to the residents of each neighborhood to meet the daily needs and enable him/her to function at the highest possible level. While this care is provided under the leadership of a professional nurse, the CNA is the resident’s closest advocate in the neighborhood. All CNA tasks are performed in accordance with current standards, guidelines and regulations and in a safe and efficient manner.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Follow the care plan in providing care and services to residents.
- Assist in the development and updating of each resident’s care plan. Closest advocate in directing their care and honoring their preferences.
- Attend to all resident personal hygiene and personal care needs, including but not limited to grooming, hygiene, dining and nutritional needs, mobility, elimination, psychosocial and safety needs.
- Consistently work with all neighborhood team members, led by resident and family preferences to meet the needs and desires of each resident.
- Provides restorative therapy under the leadership of the Restorative Nurse and in accordance with the resident’s functional maintenance plan as recommended by the Therapy department.
- Make resident’s beds daily, changing sheets weekly or when soiled.
- Assist resident dining by serving, assisting with eating, and cleaning.
- Light housekeeping and cleaning of resident rooms and equipment on assigned days according to schedule.
- Encourage socialization/activities among residents.
- Assist residents with escort to activities as needed or as outlined in the care plan.
- Assist with the activity program; conduct activities as directed by the Neighborhood Leader, Neighborhood Nurse and Activity Director.
- Promote activities enthusiastically to pique resident interest.
- Observe residents and immediately report concerns and/or changes in resident behavior, physical, and/or emotional state as well as any suspicions of abuse or neglect to Neighborhood Leader and Neighborhood Nurse.
- Document information pertaining to changes in resident functional status, personal needs, appointments, etc. Identify changing needs and conditions at first indication, and report immediately to Neighborhood Nurse or Neighborhood Leader.
- Assist in keeping the environment safe for residents. Report concerns.
- Assist with resident laundry as needed.
- Promote resident independence, offering choices and fostering self-help skills and document accordingly.
- Identify and organize all supplies needed to perform tasks and report needs to supervisor.
- Practice safety in working around and with equipment, chemicals, tools and utensils.
- Attend general orientation and mandatory in-services and Nursing/Neighborhood department meetings.
- Must be able to work independently or as a member of the team.
- Other duties as directed by the Neighborhood Nurse and Neighborhood Leader.
- Communicate effectively with team members, with each resident, and resident families.
Our residents are our number one priority. The successful candidate will adhere to our resident-centered approach to caregiving and service delivery.
We offer a competitive wage and an excellent benefit package including:
- 401K with match
- Health/Dental Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retention Bonus
- Much more
Bethany Lutheran Home for the Aged, Inc. is a non-profit, Christian organization serving seniors through its three companies: Bethany Home Sioux Falls, Bethany Home Brandon, and Bethany Meadows.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- CNA certification required
- Nurturing, mature, friendly and enjoy working with people.
- Reliable transportation